According to Gartner Inc, the Gartner Hype Cycle is “a graphic representation of the maturity and adoption of technologies and applications, and how they are potentially relevant to solving real business problems and exploiting new opportunities. Gartner Hype Cycle methodology gives you a view of how a technology or application will evolve over time, providing a sound source of insight to manage its deployment within the context of your specific business goals”.
The 5 different phases in the Gartner Hype Cycle:
- Technology Trigger: This is the earliest stage. A potential technology breakthrough kicks things off.
- Peak of Inflated Expectations: Early exposure and publicity produces a number of success stories. This is when you will see companies succeed or fail. If they fail are they taking action?
- Trough of Disillusionment: Producers of the technology shake out or fail. Investments continue only if the surviving providers improve their products to the satisfaction of early adopters.
- Slope of Enlightenment: More instances of how the technology can benefit the enterprise start to crystallize and become more widely understood.
- Plateau of Productivity: Mainstream adoption starts to take off. Criteria for assessing provider viability are more clearly defined.
Sooo…Where Does That Leave Wanelo?
As I stated in a previous post, Wanelo has partnered with over 550 thousand stores, has over 30 million products and has gone from 1 million users in 2013 to 11 million in 2016 says a lot. It is clear that according to Gartner’s Hype Cycle, Wanelo has reached the “peak of inflated expectations”. Wanelo is adapting to the Gartner Hype Cycle and making innovative changes to the application that caters to their young millennial users. I believe in the coming months and years we will see Wanelo make significant adjustments to both their iOs and Droid apps and their website to continue to build their clientele. This will increase the number of users to shop and retailers and brands to claim and manage their store pages, enabling them to engage with the community via comments, stories, and gain visibility to which of their products are trending. Weanelo is definitely a digital mall on the horizon. (What more could you want)
Want to understand Gartner’s Hype Cycle More…click here http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/3412017